Accessibility Customer Service Plan
ACCESSIBILITY CUSTOMER SERVICE PLAN
PROVIDING GOODS AND SERVICES FOR ONTARIANS WITH DISABILITIES
Customer Service Policy Statement
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Accessibility Standard for Customer Service, Skiis Ltd is committed to providing a high level of customer service for all customers, vendors, contractors and other persons who wish to access its goods, services or facilities. Skiis Ltd is committed to providing access to its goods, services and facilities in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of individuals with disabilities and in a manner that is integrated so as to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from our goods and services.
Skiis Ltd will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all customers, vendors, contractors and others with disabilities have equal opportunity to access its goods, services and facilities.
Our Accessibility Commitment
In fulfilling our mission, Skiis Ltd strives at all times to respect the dignity and independence of our customers with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that people with disabilities are given the same opportunities in accessing our products and services, in a way that is similar to other customers. Skiis Ltd is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities and we will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following areas:
Our customers are welcome to use their own personal assistive devices to access our merchandise and services.
Our communications, from initial greeting through the sales process and follow up, will demonstrate our commitment to serve customers with disabilities
Skiis Ltd is committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal in the areas of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties.
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter Skiis Ltd’s premises with his or her support person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
Skiis Ltd will provide customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities, including escalators and elevators. This clearly posted notice will contain the reason for the service disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The disruption notice will be placed at main entrances to the store as well as immediately adjacent to the facility that is not functioning.
Training for staff
Skiis Ltd is committed to providing all staff who deal with customers and/or are involved in the development and implementation process of customer service policies, practices and procedures.
Training will include the following:
- The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing an area of the store or product.
- Skiis Ltd’s policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard.
- Applicable staff will be trained on policies, practices and procedures that affect the way goods and services are provided to people with disabilities. Training will continue to be ongoing as changes are made to these policies, practices and procedures.
- The ultimate goal of Skiis Ltd is to meet and surpass customer expectations while serving our customers with disabilities. Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated.
Feedback regarding the way we provide goods and services to people with disabilities can be made by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Speak with a Store Manager at the location in question
- Mail feedback to:
1945 Dundas Street East,
- Faxing feedback to 905 896 9854 (Attn: General Manager)
All feedback will be directed to the General Manager, and customers can expect to hear back from us within 14 days.
Complaints will be addressed according to complaint categories already established in our company’s complaint management procedures.